Shani Jayanti 2017 – How to worship Lord Shani dev
Shani Jayanti in 2017 is on 25th May 2016 (Sunday). Shani Jayanti is celebrated on Amavasya tithi. In 2017 Amavasya Tithi will Begin on 05:07 on 25/May/2017 and End on 01:14 on 26/May/2017. So you should do Shani pooja between these times to get most of he results.
Shani Jayanti is celebrated as birth anniversary of Lord Shani dev. It is also known as Shani Amavasya. Lord Shani is son of Lord Surya and rules planet Saturn and weekday Saturday.
Shani Jayanti is seen on Amavasya Tithi amid Jyeshtha month as indicated by North Indian Purnimant calendar. As per South Indian Amavasyant calendar Shani Jayanti falls on Amavasya Tithi amid Vaishakha month. It is name of Lunar month which contrasts and in both sort of calendars Jayanti falls around the same time.
Shani Jayanti concurs with Vat Savitri Vrat which is seen amid Jyeshtha Amavasya in most North Indian states. On that day enthusiasts keep fast or Upvaas to satisfy Lord Shani and visit Shani temples to look for blessing of Lord Shani. It is believed that Lord Shani believes in fair justice and if appeased blesses His devotee with good luck and fortune. Individuals, who don’t have blessing of Lord Shani, drudge for quite a long time without getting any prize for their diligent work in life.
Shani Jayanti is exceptionally suitable day to perform Hawan, Homam and Yagya to please Lord Shani. Shani Tailabhishekam and Shani Shanti Puja are the most important services performed amid Shani Jayanti. Above functions are performed to diminish the impact of Shani Dosha, which is mainly known as Sade Sati, in the Horoscope. Shani Jayanti is also known as Shanishchara Jayanti and Sani Jayanthi.
How to worship Lord Shani dev
- On Shani jayanti or Saturday, first take bath in morning and wear clean cloth ( If possible wear black cloth as shani like black). Item required for shani pooja are: Shami flowers (Or other blue colored flowers), sesame seed oil, Lamp, incense, black clothes and sweets made by black sesame seed & Jaggery.
- Go to nearest shani temple and first light a lamp of sesame seed oil. Now do abhishake of lord shani with sesame seed oil. After that offer clothes, shami flowers, incense and sweets to lord.
- After finishing all the rituals, chant shani mantra or read shani chalisa.
- Shani is also known as god of poor people so you should not insult any poor person. After worship, offer food or prasad made by black sesame seeds, jaggery & urad dal and rice khichadi to poor people.
- You should also donate shoes & slippers, Iron and sesame seeds oil to poor people.
- Offer food to black dog and black bull.
- Always respect your parents and elders.
- Light a sesame seed oil lamp near peeple tree and do 21 Parikrama around the tree.
- Wear ring made by ghode ki naal (Horseshoe) and donate wood in shamshan (Cemetery).
- Take black lentils power and make a paste with water. Now make small candies of this paste and feed fishes.
- Offer Black lentil ( Urad dal) power with sugar to aunts every Saturday.
- You should also worship lord hanuman on shani jayanti and Saturday. Light chameli oil lamp in front of hanumanji and read hanuman chalisa.
- If you have marriage related problems then take black mustard seeds. Put in a black cloth and close the top of cloth with a black thread. Drop this cloth under a peepal tree on jayanti evening.
Shani mantra to chant
ऊँ शं शनैश्चराय नम:।
|| Om sham shanaishcharaya namah ||
शनि बीज मंत्र
ॐ प्राँ प्रीं प्रौं सः शनैश्चराय नमः ॥
Shani Beej Mantra
|| Om pram prim praum sah shanaishcharaya namah ||
Shani Mool Mantra
नीलांजन समाभासं रवि पुत्रां यमाग्रजं। छाया मार्तण्डसंभूतं तं नामामि शनैश्चरम्॥
|| Nilanjana sama bhasam raviputram yama grajam
Chhaaya martanda sambhootam tam namami shanaishcharam ||