Lord kalki avatar
According to Hindu religion and scriptures, Kalki avatar is tenth and final Avatar (reincarnation) of Lord Vishnu, who is going to come in at the end of Kali Yuga to destroy all the evil powers. Although there are no sources found if the reincarnation has taken place or not, yet people still hope that Lord Vishnu would come as his 10th incarnation and would save Earth from evil powers.
What is the 10th incarnation is all about?
In Hindu mythology, you might have learned about the 4 Yugas namely Sat Yuga, Treta, Yuga, Dwapar and Kali Yuga. The simple description about these Yugas can be-
- Sat Yuga: Free of all evilness, greed, negativity and wrong doings.
- Treta Yuga: The existence of evilness starts.
- Dwapar Yuga: The kingdom of evil powers is all over the half of the world.
- Kali Yuga: The evilness has reached to its limits where a charismatic person will come and destroy all.
So, finally, the Kali Yuga, which is the time in which we are living currently, will attain a possible height with all it evilness, greed, negativity and hatred among the people, the 10thincarnation of Lord Vishnu would be born to destroy the negativity and evilness.
He would be all responsible for the ending of this Yuga, where the ending will follow a massive destruction caused by Lord Kalki.
Lord Kalki: the destroyer
The Yugas are a continuous calendar, and they will run like this one after another and currently we are living in Kali Yuga, which is of 432000 years, and we humans have considerable past 10000 years in a row with increasing evilness around us. And, according to Hindu scriptures, this is the time when people are more lost into the material world with spiritual finding being lost somewhere. People are more engrossed in earning money and satisfying their odd deeds rather than praying to Lord.
It is also believed that in Kali Yuga, means now, slowly and steadily the saints and sages will leave the earth and will swipe away from the pious lands. And this will be the correct time of birth of Lord Kalki to bring back the peace and the Sat Yuga.
The forecast is even mentioned in Kalki Purana and Mahabharata. In Kalki Purana in the Verse 2.45, it is said
The Earth is chastised by the evil powers of Kali Yuga and saints have left the pious land leading to the rise of bad powers. In this situation, the evil would be everywhere and people born in Kali Yuga would have to suffer. And one once the Kali Yuga, around 432000 years would be passed, there would come a supreme power, the10thincarnation of Lord Vishnu, Lord Kalki with a destroyer sword in hand. This avatar would kill and hunt the evil and destroy Kali Yuga to give rise to Sat Yuga.
How Lord Kaki will appear?
It is believed that as the Lord Kalki would be Kshatriya and Brahmana both, and hence, the family in which he would be born should be of the same eminence. However, in Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta, it is said that the Lord would be born in Brahmana family of Shambhala village. His appearance would be of a warrior with a mighty sword in hand, and he would be mounted on his horse Devadatta. With his swift and mighty opulence, he would ride all around the world with a lightning speed and kill all the evils and thieves, who would be the sheer cause of evil on the Earth.
It is also said that once all the evil would be ended and people be free of the negativity, the surroundings would have the fragrance of sandalwood that would tell about the purity of world. Further, after the end of Kali, the people would again live a life of saint and Sat Yuga would again begin.
The incarnation of Lord Kalki is said in Mahabharata with a shloka. The shloka is,
yada yada hi dharmasya glanirbhavati bharata
abhyutthanam adharmasya tadatmanam srijamyaham
It means, whenever the Earth would have enough of evil and bad people around killing the saints and religions. To upgrade the life of people to a better and pious living, an avatar of mine will come and restore the good.
Some prediction and facts to know about Lord
- Kalki Avatar of Lord Vishnu will be the last incarnation. This avatar will come in the world with a pledge to end evil and spread happiness and spirituality by killing the bad.
- The prediction is also mentioned as a talk between Sage Markandeya and God, where the Lord tells him that when only falsehood would be all around the Earth, to set back the life of truth, Lord Kalki would be born.
- The stance is also given in Mahabharata when only evil would rule the mother Earth, I, the supreme power of Earth will be reborn to end the negativity and misery to give rise to a new world of truthfulness and religiousness.
- The incarnation of Kalki is also found in the holy books like Ocean of Light (A Persian Manuscript) and Shuka Naadi Grantha.
- It is predicted that once Lord Kalki would be on the Earth, the chaos of world would be over. People would attain peace and mindfulness. They would be doing thingsin saintly ways, and only one thing would exist that is truth. Kalki will give rise to Sat Yuga back.
As it is said when there would be night, there would be a day. Similarly, after the evil and falsehood, there would come the good and truthfulness. And these would be brought by Lord Kalki, who would end the evil and bring life to people by making them attain the peace. He would once again make the spirituality count and make this world a better place to live for human, saints and sages.
So, let us wait when this avatar would be born to make us free from material love, and falsehood, evilness.