How to worship lord Hanuman on Hanuman Jayanti
In 2017, the Hanuman Jayanti is on Tuesday, April 11. Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Lord Hanuman. He is also known as Pawanputra or Bajrangbali. In Hindu mythology, he is considered as the supreme devotee of Lord Rama. Jayanti is celebrated on the Poornima (full moon day) in the month of Chaitra. Hanuman Jayanti is commended with much energy and excitement crosswise over India.
Among the bunch divine forces of the Hindu pantheon, Lord Hanuman is maybe a standout amongst the most essential, as is obvious from his army of adherents. In addition, the recitation of the Hanuman Chalisa for 100 times is said to prompt Salvation.
On Hanuman Jayanti, follow this procedure for worship:
- First Take a bath in the early morning and wear clean cloth. Go to the nearest Hanuman Temple with a coconut, Laddo (sweet), Sindoor (Vermillon), Chameli oil, Lamp, incense, fresh flowers (rose & lotus), Red Cloth, Kumkum, Supari, Gur/Jaggery, Rice, Water, Panchamrit and Chameli oil lamp or mustard oil/diya/earthern lamp and garland of betel leaves. you can take 21, 31 0r 51 betel leaves for the purpose.
- First Light a mustard oil lamp or Chameli oil lamp in front of the deity and offer incense. Now take a bowl and mix some Sindoor (Vermillon) with Chameli oil. Apply this mixture on the idol of Hanumanji. Sindoor denotes victory and is a favorite of the Lord.
- Now offer Lord some new red clothes to wear. After that offer fresh flowers (Rose & Lotus), scent, coconut, Laddo (sweet), Paan (Betel leave with sweet flavor) and water to God hanuman. Follow these mantra to offer flowers, mantra to offer fruits, mantra to invite hanumanji and Mantra to offer sindoor to lord hanuman.
- Next take 21 betel leaves, write ram on these leaves with Sandalwood paste and make a garland. Put this garland around his neck. If you do not have betel leaves then use peepal tree leaves.
- After offering everything to lord, now its time to chant hanuman mantra or hanuman chalisa or Bajrang Baan to get his blessing and make hanuman happy. Chant hanuman chalisa at least 3 times or mantra for 108 times.
- Whenever you find some monkyes in the neighborhood, it is best to feed jaggery and chana (whole unshelled roasted gram).
- It is important during the pooja to have clean mind and good thoughts. Trust the lord and keep faith that your wish would be fulfilled. During pooja recite the following mantras.
Aum Rambhaktaye Namah
Aum Mahatejse Namah
Aum Kapirajaye Namah
Aum Mahablaaye Namah
Aum Dhronadriharakaye Namah
Aum Merupeethkarchanaye Namah
Aum Daskhinasha Bhaskaraye Namah
Aum Karkaye Namah
Aum Sarvvighan Nivarkaye Namah
Jitendriyam Buddhimataam Varistham,
Sriramdootam Saranam Prapadhye.
Om Ramdootaye Namah!!Om Hum Hanumataye Namah
Yatra yatra raghunatha kirtanam;
Tatra tatra kritha masthakanjalim;
Bhaspavaari paripurna lochanam;
Maarutim namata raakshasanthakam.
Hanumanji saves you from all evils against Mars/Kuja Dosha and Shani Dosha and Sade Sati, Shani Mahadasha and Dhaiyya.