Hanuman Chalisa is a Hindu reverential hymn addressed to Lord Hanuman. The word Chalisa, meaning the number forty in Hindi, is added as a suffix to it as there are forty verses in the hymn excluding the couplets in the beginning and at the end. It is believed to have been written by a 16 th century poet – Tulsidas – in the Awadhi language. Hanuman Chalisa in english is one of the most popular texts after the Ramcharitmanas. In the Hindu epic Ramayana, Hanuman is depicted as a Vanara (a monkey-like Humanoid), a firm devotee of Rama (the central character of the Ramayana). Hanuman is also one of the most important characters of the Ramayana.
The Origin of hanuman chalisa
The poem has a very mysterious story behind its origin. Akbar, the emperor of Delhi in the 16th century, summoned Tulsidas after hearing that he brings back a dead man back to life and asked him to perform a miracle, to which Tulsidas refused and said “It’s a lie all I know is Rama”. The emperor then incarcerated him at the fort of Fatehpur Sikhri as he thought he was a fraud.
Tulsidas then created a verse in honor of Hanuman and chanted it for 40 days and out of the blue, an army of monkeys descended upon the city and wreaked destruction on the entire city. An aged Hafiz (priest) told the Emperor that it was a miracle done by the jailed prisoner; Akbar fell on Tulsidas’s feet and apologized. Ever since then people chant Hanuman Chalisa to praise Hanuman and appeal to the mighty God to take away their pain and miseries.
Find Complete hanuman chalisa in english text, PDF, wallpaper and audio here:
Hanuman chalisa in english with meaning and benefits
Shri Guru Charan Saroj Raj, Nij manu Mukuru Sudhaari।
Barnau Raghubar Bimal Jasu, Jo Daayeku Phal Chaari॥
Buddhiheen Tanu Jaanike, Sumirau Pavan-Kumaar।
Bal Buddhi Bidya Dehu Mohi, Harahu Kales Vikaar॥
Jai Hanuman Gyaan Gun Sagar। Jai Kapis Teehun Lok Ujagar॥
Ram Doot Atulit Bal Dhama। Anjani-Putra Pavansut Nama॥
Mahabir Bikram Bajrangi। Kumati Nivaar Sumati Ke Sangi॥
Kanchan Baran Biraaj Subesa। Kaanan Kundal Kunchit Kesa॥
Haath Bajra Aau Dhwaja Biraaje। Kaandhe Moonj Janeu Saaje॥
Sankar Suvan Kesarinandan। Tej Prataap Maha Jag Bandan॥
Vidyabaan Guni Ati Chaatur। Ram Kaaj Karibe Ko Aatur॥
Prabhu Charitra Sunibe Ko Rasiya। Ram Lakhan Sita Man Basiya॥
Sukshma Roop Dhari Siyahin Dikhawa। Bikat Roop Dhari Lanka Jarawa॥
Bheem Roop Dhari Asur Sanhaare। Ramchandra Ke Kaaj Sanwaare॥
Laaye Sajivan Lakhan Jiyaaye। Shri Raghubeer Harashi Ur Laaye॥
Raghupati Keenhi Bahut Badai। Tum Mum Priy Bharat Hi Sam Bhai॥
Sahas Badan Tumhro Jas Gaavein। As Kahi Shripati Kanth Lagavein॥
Sankadik Bramhadi Munisa। Narad Sarad Sahit Ahisa॥
Jam Kuber Digpaal Jahan Te। Kabi Kobid Kahi Sake Kahaan Te॥
Tum Upkaar Sugreevhin Kinha। Ram Milaaye Raajpad Dinha॥
Tumhro Mantra Vibhishan Maana। Lankeswar Bhaye Sab Jag Jana॥
Jug Sahastra Jojan Par Bhaanu। Lilyo Taahi Madhur Phal Jaanu॥
Prabhu Mudrika Meli Mukh Maahi। Jaldhi Laanghi Gaye Achraj Naahi॥
Durgam Kaaj Jagat Ke Jete। Sugam Anugraha Tumhre Tete॥
Ram Dooare Tum Rakhwaare। Hoat Na Aagya Binu Paisare॥
Sab Sukh Lahai Tumhari Sarna। Tum Rakhshak Kaahu Ko Darna॥
Aapan Tej Samharo Aapai। Teeno Lok Haank Te Kaanpen॥
Bhoot Pisaach Nikat Nahi Aave। Mahabir Jab Naam Sunave॥
Naasai Rog Harai Sab Peera। Japat Nirantar Hanumat Beera॥
Sankat Te Hanuman Chhoodave। Man Krama Bachan Dhyaan Jo Laave॥
Sab Par Raam Tapasvi Raja। Tin Ke Kaaj Sakal Tum Saaja॥
Aur Manorath Jo Koi Laave। Soi Amit Jivan Phal Paave॥
Chaaro Jug Partaap Tumhara। Hai Parsiddh Jagat Ujiyara॥
Saadhu Sant Ke Tum Rakhwaare। Asur Nikandan Ram Dulaare॥
Asht Siddhi Nau Nidhi Ke Daata। As bar Deen Janki Maata॥
Ram Rasayan Tumhre Paasa। Sada Raho Raghupati Ke Daasa॥
Tumhre Bhajan Ram Ko Paave। Janam Janam Ke Dukh Bisraave॥
Antakaal Raghubar Pur Jaayee। Jahan Janam Hari-Bhakt Kahayee॥
Aur Devta Chitt Na Dharayi। Hanumat Sei Sarb Sukh Karayi॥
Sankat Kate Mite Sab Peera। Jo Sumirai Hanumat Balbira॥
Jai Jai Jai Hanuman Gosaai। Kripa Karahun Gurudev Ki Naai॥
Jo Sat Baar Paath Kar Koi। Chhootahin Bandi Maha sukh Hoyi॥
Jo Yeh Padhe Hanuman Chalisa। Hoye Siddhi Saakhi Gaurisa॥
Tulsidas Sada Harichera। Kije Naath Hridaya Mahn Dera॥
Pavantanaye Sankat Haran, Mangal Moorti Roop।
Ram Lakhan Sita Sahit Hridaya Basahu Soor Bhoop॥
Also Find: god photo for desktop & mobile
Benefits of chanting Hanuman Chalisa
Hanuman Chalisa is one of the immense idyllic works of Goswami Tulsidas. It is said that by chanting Hanuman Chalisa english, one can conciliate the monkey God, Hanuman and look for His favors. Reading this everyday helps in conquering the awful impacts of the Saturn grah. Every verse of the Chalisa has it’s own particular significance. It is said that the recitation of the Hanuman Chalisa during the evening has some inexplicable impact on the individual. However, lot of persons chants in the morning on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
It is said that chanting Hanuman Chalisa is very helpful as it lessens the impacts of Sade Sati, furthermore bring great health and prosperity. In addition, Hanuman Chalisa recitation can likewise avert spirits. The best time to read Hanuman Chalisa is in the morning and during the evening. Those under the bad impacts of the Saturn should read the Hanuman Chalisa at evening 8 times on Saturdays for better results. Here we have few benefits of reciting the powerful Hanuman chalisa in english :
- Ward Off Spirits : This is one of the major advantage of reading Hanuman Chalisa. Hanumanji is considered as a God who disposes of evils and spirits that can be hurtful. The chalisa also removes bad, scary and fearful thoughts out of your mind. It protects your from black Magic, Ghosts & other negative Energies like Bhuta’s, Pishaacha, Sakini, Dakini, and other black magical deities.
- Lessen Effects of Sade Sati: Everyone knows that worshiping Lord Bajrang bali is one of the best ways to impress Shani Dev which in-turn reduces the effects of Sade Sati. According to the shastras, Lord Hanuman saved the life of Shani Dev. At that time Shani Dev said that He will not harm a true devotee of Shri Hanuman.
- Remove Obstacles: If you chant Hanuman Chalisa every morning and night, you gets the divine protection of Lord Hanuman and all your obstacles are removed. Complete faith and correct attitude will get you the blessings of the monkey-God and with the reading of Hanuman Chalisa, you can get whatever you desire for.
- Get Power and strength: When you chant this hymn everyday, It gives you physical and mental power with strength.
- Blessed with knowledge and intelligence.
- Get rid of enemies and illnesses.
- Reciting the Hanuman Chalisa everyday can fill your heart with a divine sense of joy.
- If a person who is not feeling well, reads the Hanuman Chalisa, it can help him to feel better and more at ease.
- If you do not have confidence and are scared of things, then you must read this hymn. It will make you more confident. This Chalisa improves your personality which in turn make you powerful to face all problems in life better.
- Fulfillment of your Wishes: Chanting Hanuman Chalisa everyday 7 times with full devotion fulfills all of your wishes. This gives advantages in all circles of life whether it is rationally, physically, profoundly, common or some other. By reciting of Shree Hanumanji’s Chalisa every day, the enthusiast get compensated for his/her deed and a wide range of wishes whether it is little or huge get satisfied. Whether the desire is connected with common, emotional, physical, profound, financial, family related and so forth. The normal and nonstop recitation of this Chalisa, gives you the favors and effortlessness of radiant forces and the life of the individual get loaded with satisfaction and happiness.
- Removal of Grah doshas: During Ram and Ravan battle, once lord pawan putra freed all the navgrah from custody of Ravana. This event made all navgrah happy and they gave a boon to hanumanji that whoever will worship you, there will be no bad effect of our positions. Chanting this hymn 3 times a day saves your from bad effect of adverse planetary positions. It gives Divine Protection during adverse planetary periods.
- Taking away of Poisonous effects: It helps in taking away effects of poisonous bites of snakes & other poisonous creatures and in removal of fear from snakes.
How to read hanuman chalisa and how many times
This hymn should be read in the morning and evening only after taking a bath. If you want to read it at night then you should take a bath first. Its always better to read this in front of lord hanuman in a temple. We believe that chanting this Chalisa calls upon Hanuman’s divine involvement in critical problems, including those concerning evil spirits. To read this chalisa, first light a lamp (Deepak) in front of lord hanuman statue with Incense sticks (agarbathi). Now offer fresh red flowers to lord hanuman like rose, lotus flower etc. with Laddo (Sweet), cloves and areca nut (Supari).
Remember that lamp must be lighted till the end otherwise you will not get proper result. Its believed that lamp (fire) works as a witness for you. Now concentrate on bajrangbali and chant the chalisa with full devotion. At the end you should say sorry to hanumanji for your mistakes during recitation. Its mentioned in this hymn that if you recite this chalisa 108 times then you will definitely have great results and wisdom of the world. You can chant hanuman chalisa in english or Hindi.
Download hanuman chalisa PDF
Other Related articles: